Nsolv has developed game-changing technology that delivers significant economic and environmental benefits compared to other heavy oil extraction methods. Until now, developing in-situ oil reserves has meant significant costs, both for producers and the environment. Nsolv overcomes these challenges, making it a revolution in heavy oil extraction.
- Reduced cost of entry for new projects
- Upfront capital costs are reduced by about 40% compared with SAGD
- Faster and simpler to bring online
- Simpler facilities and reduced risk allow for faster implementation times
- Reduced capital and operating costs
- Eliminates the need for large and expensive steam and water separation plants
- Approximately 80% less energy input than steam-based extraction processes
- No water treatment chemicals
- Increased Revenue
- More valuable oil: In-situ upgrading improves both the produced oil quality and API gravity (13+ API for Nsolv versus 8 API for SAGD)
- Nsolv-upgraded barrels effectively increase pipeline capacity due to less need for diluent and condensate.
- Zero water consumption
- About 80% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to SAGD
- Low-value, high-carbon components left behind in the reservoir, meaning 20% less waste for each extracted barrel. This leads to more efficient transportation to market and higher yield of valuable refined products.